Monday, July 13, 2009

HELLO CAN YOU HEAR ME? HERE I AM!!


It has been a very painful month for me. Blog wise that is. Once I started writing this blog I was hooked. I guess I have always wanted to keep a journal of some sort and this blog filled that need. Stacey and I often took lot's of photos and wrote about trips we took, but we were never able to share like we can with this blog.

Writing a blog is not the easiest task in the world. Discipline is the toughest part. You have to make time to do it because it takes an hour or two to write most post. I guess I average about 250 words per post. Usually that's not hard to come up with, but then you have to edit yourself. Fine tune your post so that everything is just right. Then if you want to add photos, which you do, you have to take the photo, edit the photo on Photo Shop and then you have to place it on the post. Like anything one does regularly it get easier with time. I had a handle on getting post done without to much pain until the company who host my site upgraded the template I use for SOSOSOUTHERN.

That's when it all fell apart. The old way was not the same as the new way and I was lost. I had spent a year learning how to do the things I wanted to do with my blog when, BOOM it was totally changed. And the company hosting my site was no help, I was on my own.

So I have decided to try a new host, Google. Why not, they are a really, really huge company and hopefully I will be able to figure it all out and continue with this blog, SOSOSOUTHERN, which I enjoy doing so so much.

So stay tuned and be patient.

2 comments:

  1. ...and I think I'll be the first to comment at you in your new home!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. SoSo glad you're not abandoning the bloglife. The world needs SoSoSouthern. We sure missed you two on the Fourth! Sam

    ReplyDelete