Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So little time…

My last post was Wednesday at 9:52:51. We were about to board an air plane for beautiful Mobile Alabama, going to see Tom Waits perform at the Saenger Theater. We had also planned to have dinner with the M and P unit. Well that was only the beginning.

We arrived in Mobile around lunch and hired a cab to take us to our humble abode on Montauk St. We got there, cranked up the a/c and walk up the street to the Bakery Restaurant for a light lunch. After a few Bloody Marys and a salad we headed to the M and P’s house. There we learned what was for dinner, tuna. Fresh caught tuna which had been delivered the day before. This was the largest piece of tuna I have ever held in my hands, it was about the size of Stacey’s head. My little brother had caught it off the
coast of Louisiana a day or so earlier. It was beautiful and My dad cooked it up just right. He “crusted” one side with cracked pepper and sesame seeds and seared the hell out of it. It was sweet, melt in your mouth tender and some of the best food I have ever put in my mouth. The food is always good on Roper Street, but this was special.

So then it was off to the Tom Waits show. I’m gonna write more about it tomorrow. I have a lot to write about as this was our schedule for the last few days.

Tom Waits show in Mobile Wednesday night, lunch at the Battle House Thursday, 4th of July parade at Serenbe Friday, dinner with at neighbors Friday night, fireworks Friday night, dinner at Holeman Finch Public House Saturday evening, Tom Waits show at the Fox Saturday, that’s right, 2 TW shows, Sunday ribs on the grill and too much tequila. So, please dear reader, stand by for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment